What is Reiki?
Reiki is a non-invasive ancient Japanese form of natural healing. It is the channeling of universal energy to support one’s spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical healing. Reiki promotes one’s own body’s natural healing processes, aids in relaxation and helps improve one’s overall wellness.
How Does Reiki Work?
A Reiki practitioner channels energy by laying of the hands directly on or a few inches above the person receiving Reiki. The energy is channeled from the universe, through the practitioner’s crown chakra, down their hands and into the recipient.
While receiving Reiki, one can expect to feel calm and relaxed during a session. Some may feel warmth and tingling from the practitioners’ hands. Reactions to reiki vary.
What to Expect in a Reiki Session
Reiki is performed with the person laying on the massage table. You will remain fully clothed, asked only to take off your watch and shoes. Sessions are approximately an hour long.
What are Some Benefits of Reiki?
- Aids in relaxation
- Reduces emotional stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Assists with pain management
- Used to help treat a variety of health issues including cancer, anxiety, depression, fatigue, pain syndromes, heart disease
THE FIVE REIKI PRINCIPLES
- Just for today, I will not be angry
- Just for today, I will not worry
- Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly
- Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing